Winter Warrior: a Winterventure
We’re going on a Winterventure – a.k.a. a winter adventure to a destination of your choice! You choose where your journey will take you!
THIS PROGRAM IS FREE AND OPEN TO EVERYONE!!!!
Our goal is to help keep you committed to running and walking during the wintery months. This expedition is here to motivate, support and encourage winter activity. We are on this journey together and look forward to reaching new destinations with you. We will be tracking your points and YOU will be tracking your mileage to earn rewards!
Points Standings Dec. 19th - Jan. 9th
Program Dates: December 19th, 2017 – February 21st, 2018.
This group program is completely FREE AND OPEN TO EVERYONE, but registration is required.
How this “Winterventure” Works
The program consists of two key pieces. Point Collection and Honor Miles.
To collect points, check-in with FITVIL at the weekly workouts, special events and races. We will track your points and keep you updated on how you’re doing. These points will earn you discounts to use at Fleet Feet Sports.
YOU select a goal destination that your feet will take you during YOUR winterventure. It’s your responsibility to keep track of your total mileage using the honors system. We provide a weekly log to help. But please use your Garmin, mapmyrun, IPhone or whatever works best for you. On the FREE online registration form please indicate the total distance you would like to cover this session. And then, being active on your own, and using all our group workouts and activities, track ALL your mileage run or walked between the start and end date of the program counts towards your total! At the end of the program we’ll see how we all did in meeting our goals!
To earn the Winter Warrior Badge: 1.) collect 50 points. 2.) Meet your honor mileage goal.
Where to collect points:
- Monday Workouts, 6PM at Ridgeway – 1 pt.
- Tuesday Hill Workouts, 6PM @ The Armory – 1pt.
- Friday Workouts, 6PM @ The Armory or Ridgeway – 1 pt.
- Special Event Runs (Eggnog Jog, Resolution Run, etc.) 3pts each.
- Trail Races (Snow Cheap, Cabin Fever) – 7pts each.
- Featured Races (Donut Mile, Cupid’s Cup, Winter Warrior Relay and Half) – 10 pts each.
*Special Point Events may be added at any time. See Calendar
Incentives for collected points and mileage tracking
- 50 points earns you a 10% shopping discount at Fleet Feet Sports (some exclusions apply)
- 75 points earns you a 15% shopping discount at Fleet Feet Sports (some exclusions apply)
- 100 points earns you a 25% shopping discount at Fleet Feet Sports (some exclusions apply)
* We will award a voucher once you reach the point values above.
*IF you gather 50 points and meet your predicted mileage goal you will be awarded a fabulous Winter Warrior Patch!
As a Winter Warrior you will receive:
- Incentives for attending workouts and earning points
- Entry into weekly raffles
- Fun events and themed workouts
- A warm place to start and finish your workouts
- Weeks of winter training to keep you motivated through the holidays and in shape for the spring
- Exclusive Winter Warrior newsletters to keep you up-to-date with themed workouts and events
- Camaraderie and support for workouts during the winter!
Winter Warrior Expedition Rules:
- Once you sign up there is no opt out, you’re in! IT’S FREE!
- You must be responsible to check in via FITVIL with your scan tag to earn your points at Fleet Feet Sports Sponsored events and runs.
- You MUST do the prescribed workout for the day – no checking in and heading off to do your own workout!
- No starting early, nor late. A group workout means workout out with a group. Love each other!
- For evening workouts we require a headlamp and reflective clothing!!! Bright colored clothing always recommended! Safety First!
- Follow rules of the road and proper running etiquette at all times.
- NO WHINING!
- NO selling, buying, bartering, giving, donating, stealing, bargaining, haggling, negotiating, swapping, trading (or equivalent to these words) for points.
- Read the Winter Warrior emails.
- Absolutely no spiked/studded shoes inside ANY store.
- You must support each other through this expedition.
- You must have fun!
- Earn the Winter Warrior Badge!
Questions about the Winter Warrior Program? Contact Winter Warrior Coordinator at email@example.com
Program Start: ex: Sunday, January 18th, 6:00pm
Program Fee: ex: $100 excluding race fee