At Fleet Feet Sports, we are passionate about helping you get fit, and walking is an excellent low impact activity to do that! As the name implies, WalkFIT is strictly walking. To better accommodate all fitness levels, the program is divided into 2 parts:
- WalkFIT Beginner - WalkFIT Beginner is perfect for those who have no desire to run, but still want to be active and healthy. A supportive and trained coach will help participants adopt a regular walking routine and assist them in meeting new fitness partners along the way. Participants will be encouraged and prepared to walk a 5K at the end of the training program.
- WalkFIT Intermediate - WalkFIT Intermediate is aimed at taking your walking experience to the next level by preparing you to walk further and faster. Through our experienced walking coaches, organized group walks and proven curriculum, this program lays out the ground work needed to walk even further and more efficiently. WalkFIT Intermediate is perfect for those who have recently walked a 5K (3.1 miles) or just completed the WalkFIT 5K training. During this training program, we will prepare you to walk up to 8 miles.
Join us to learn more about WalkFIT Training at a FREE Information Session - No registration required. Just show up.
- Tues. Feb. 6th @ The Armory 7-8pm
- Weds. Feb. 7th at Ridgeway 7:15-8:15pm
- Sat. Feb. 10th @ The Armory 10am - noon Open House, ask questions, meet the coaches and learn more about the session.
Program start: Program start date: Weds. February 14th, 6pm @ The Armory
Schedule - Please note that you can attend all 3 workouts or 2!
- Tuesdays at 5:45pm at Ridgeway
- Wednesdays 5:45pm @ The Armory
- Saturdays 7:45am at differed local parks
Program Fees. Early bird registration fee $100 until February 5th 2018. On February 6th the fee increases to $110.00. All refunds are partial during refund period. ($20.00 administration fee deducted from original price paid)
How to earn the Fleet Feet Running Club WalkFIT Badge
1.) Attend 75% of the WalkFIT Training workouts OR 2.) Complete your goal race within two weeks of graduating from the program. See photo of the badge at the top and bottom of this page.
Each program offers:
- Flexible training schedule
- Workoutlog online training tool
- Savings vouchers
- A safe, supportive environment for all athletic abilities
- 3 weekly organized, coached and mentored workouts
- A custom New Balance WalkFIT technical shirt
- Great camaraderie and friendship
- Supportive and encouraging coaches and mentors
- Online private Facebook Group page
- Graduation party after completion of the program
- FITVIL Check in system
- Alumni pricing for future programming
- Special shopping dates just for you!
- Earn the Fleet Feet Running Club WalkFIT Badge!
For questions, contact our Training Program Coordinator Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org