At Fleet Feet, we are passionate about helping you get fit, and walking is an excellent low impact activity to do that! As the name implies, WalkCrew is strictly walking. To better accommodate all fitness levels, the program is divided into 3 parts:
Program start date: Wednesday, June 26th WalkCrew Half Marathon; Wednesday, July 10th WalkCrew 5K & Intermediate. Armory 6pm.
- WalkCrew Beginner – WalkCrew Beginner is perfect for those who have no desire to run, but still want to be active and healthy. A supportive and trained coach will help participants adopt a regular walking routine and assist them in meeting new fitness partners along the way. Participants will be encouraged and prepared to walk a 5K at the end of the training program.
- WalkCrew Intermediate – WalkCrew Intermediate is aimed at taking your walking experience to the next level by preparing you to walk further and faster. Through our experienced walking coaches, organized group walks and proven curriculum, this program lays out the ground work needed to walk even further and more efficiently. WalkCrew Intermediate is perfect for those who have recently walked a 5K (3.1 miles) or just completed the WalkCrew beginner training. During this training program, we will prepare you to walk up to 8 miles.
- WalkCrew Half Marathon - Beginner Half training perfect for beginners that have never walked a Half Marathon and are on the lower end of the required base mileage. Required base mileage 10 – 12 miles per week. All participants must be able to maintain a 20 minute per mile or faster to enter this program.
Join us for a free program information session on Tuesday, June 25th Armory from 6-7pm
Goal Race – Rochester 5K - Saturday, September 21st, Rochester Marathon Relay OR Rochester Half Marathon on Sunday, September 22nd Learn more here
Program Fees: Enjoy Early Bird SPECIAL pricing for WalkCrew 5K & Intermediate $85.00 from now until May 24th. On May 25th the fee increases to $90.00 until July 2nd then on July 3rd the fee increases to $100.00. Early Bird SPECIAL pricing for WalkCrew Half Marathon is $120.00 until June 20th. On June 21st the fee increase to $130.00
Refund Policy: All refunds are partial. No refunds after 7/23/19. ($20.00 admin fee will be deducted from original price paid)
- Wednesday workouts take place at Fleet Feet Armory from 5:45-7pm
- Saturday workouts take place at 7:00am for WalkCrew Intermediate and Half. Then 7:45am for WalkCrew 5K. Locations rotate each week: Mendon Ponds Park, Durand, Charlotte and both Fleet Feet Stores.
- Trainees will also have 2 homework workouts to complete each week.
Each program offers:
- Flexible training schedule
- Workoutlog online training tool
- A safe, supportive environment for all athletic abilities
- 2 weekly organized, coached and mentored workouts
- Great camaraderie and friendship
- Supportive and encouraging coaches and mentors
- Online private Facebook Group page
- Graduation party after completion of the program
- Special shopping day
- Earn the Fleet Feet Running Club WalkCrew Badge!
- NEW this year***Full line of Training gear available for purchase. (gear information coming soon)
For questions, contact our Training Program Coordinator Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org