Warm Farro Salad
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Mix olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Combine chicken broth and farro together in a large frying pan or wok; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until farro is tender and the broth is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes
- Stir olive oil mixture into farro until farro is coated. Add kale to farro mixture; cook and stir until kale is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle feta cheese over farro salad and stir until cheese is incorporated. Season salad with more salt and pepper if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 174, Fat 5.6g, Carbs 26.4g, Protein 9g, Sodium 631mg