Tabbouleh with Feta and Shrimp
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 packed cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground cumin
- Pinch dried mint
- 8 ounces medium cleaned, shelled, tail-on shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1 large pickling cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan and add the bulgur. Bring the liquid back to a boil and then cover the pot, turn off the heat, and let sit for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon of the parsley with the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, cumin, and mint.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the shrimp and simmer for 1 1/2 minutes. Drain, then rinse under cool water.
- Place the bulgur in a serving bowl and toss with the shrimp, cucumber, tomato, scallion, feta, the remaining parsley, and the dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition info per serving: 297 calories, 19g protein, 35g carbohydrate, 10g fat, 9g fiber