Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
Original Recipe Yield 32 (2 TBSP dip and 3 cubes of bread or ½ slice)
- 1 Large round loaf pumpernickel bread
- 1 1/2 cups plain nonfat yogurt or fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 1 pkg dried vegetable soup mix
- 3 10 oz pkgs chopped frozen spinach
- 1 8 oz can sliced and drained water chestnuts
- 3 hours before serving, mix together yogurt, Miracle Whip Light and soup mix in a medium bowl.
- Thaw spinach in microwave, squeeze out all excess water.
- Chop spinach into small pieces and stir into mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Using a knife, hollow out a large hole in the round. Fill hole with dip, the cube the bread you’ve removed to serve on the side for dipping.
- When the cubes are gone, invite guests to tear bread from the bowl.
Nutritional Information: Calories 80, Total Fat 2g, Carbs 13g, Fiber 2.3g, Protein 3g, Cholesterol 0mg,
Recipe from American Diabetes Association