Easy Overnight Buckwheat Parfait
Yield 1 serving
Similar to vegan overnight oats, but with a fun, crunchy texture. Roll out of bed and enjoy this no-cook parfait all summer long with barely any effort at all. Buckwheat and chia seeds are both high in protein and fiber and chia seeds contain all kinds of healthy omega fats. Add in some fruit and you have yourself a well-balanced breakfast.
- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 ripe large banana (mash half, chop other half)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon and vanilla extract, optional
- Add the buckwheat groats into a bowl and cover with water. Stir. Place in the fridge overnight, or for at least a few hours, uncovered is fine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the chia seeds, almond milk, banana, and optional cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk well until no chia clumps remain. Place in fridge overnight, uncovered is fine.
- In the morning, rinse the buckwheat with cold water in a strainer until no slimy bits remain. Add rinsed and strained buckwheat into the chia mixture and stir well. Top with your desired toppings or make a parfait. Optional: just before serving, drizzle a small amount of pure maple syrup on top to bring it all together.
Nutrition info per serving: Calories 180, Fat 6.4g, Carbs 58.2g, Fiber 11.5g Protein 8.3g Sodium 5mg