Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes
Makes 8-10 - 4" pancakes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp oil of your choice
- Butter or baking spray for cooking
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, vanilla, oil and honey.
- Gently fold dry ingredients into wet until just mixed.
- Prepare your skillet with butter or baking spray if desired. Spoon ~1/4 cup batter onto the skillet. Fight the urge to overly spread the mixture. Cook until bubbles rise to the surface, then flip, cooking the other side until golden brown (no spatula flattening).
- Keep the pancakes covered on a plate until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh fruit and/or jam or powdered sugar.
Nutrition Info per 1 pancake: 70 calories, 1.5 g fat, 3 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 1.5 g fiber