Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Original Recipe Yield 12 bars
- 3 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 by 8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, spices, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Evenly press oat mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. The pumpkin keeps the bars moist, so make sure they are golden and set-you don't want them to be under baked. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
Nutritionals: Calories 180, Total Fat 5.1g, Carbs 32g, Fiber 2g, Protein 2.7g, Sodium 143mg
Recipe from: www.twopeasandtheirpod.com