Oatmeal Pecan Pancakes
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk (or nondairy milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (vegetable or canola are fine as well)
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Stir in the sugar, oats and ground flaxseed.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, coconut oil and salt. Add the pecans, and stir to combine.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking oil, and, once hot, add about 1/3 cup of batter to the pan. Cook for 1–2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Flip, and cook on the second side until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter. Recipe makes 6 (4–5-inch) pancakes.
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1 pancake
Per serving: Calories: 279; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 135mg; Carbohydrate: 37g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 8g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 526mg; Iron: 12%; Vitamin A: 3%; Vitamin C: 0%; Calcium: 18%