Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Yield 4 servings
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta; about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups bagged prewashed baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled and divided
- Cook the orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; rinse with cold water. Combine orzo, spinach, and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
- Drain artichokes, reserving marinade. Coarsely chop artichokes, and add artichokes, reserved marinade, and 1/2 cup feta cheese to orzo mixture, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle each serving with remaining feta cheese.
Nutritional Information per 1 ¼ cup Calories 340 Total Fat 11g Carbs 52g Fiber 5.1g Protein 12g
Recipe from Cookinglight.com