Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Yield: 2-1/2 cups salsa (80 chips). Makes 10 Servings
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 1 medium orange finely chopped
- 2 large kiwi (~2/3 cup) chopped
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple drained
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup yellow or green peppers thinly chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno minced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 10 whole wheat 8 inch flour tortilla’s
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Combine Salsa ingredients and chill for 1 hour.
- Mix Cinnamon with sugar. Cut flour tortillas into 8 wedges. Line wedges on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Spray wedges with nonstick cooking spray, sprinkle with ½ of the sugar mixture. Bake at 3500 for 5 minutes. Flip and spray other sides with nonstick cooking spray and rest of cinnamon sugar. Serve chips with fruit salsa.
Nutritional Information per Serving: (8 chips and ¼ cup salsa) Calories 200 Total Fat 2.5g Carbs 40g Fiber 2.5g Protein 4g Sodium 300mg
Adapted from Taste of Home
Note: Salsa can be made with any of your favorite fruits: mango, peaches, fresh pineapple, berries or melon.
Salsa can be served with graham crackers, rice cakes, over meats or fishes, chocolate tortilla chips