Yield 8 servings (3/4 Cup)
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 16-ounce bag shredded broccoli slaw, or 1 large bunch broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 8-ounce can low-sodium sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion, (1/2 medium)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning frequently, until crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. (Alternatively, microwave on High for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.) Drain bacon on paper towels. Chop coarsely.
- If using whole broccoli, trim about 3 inches off the stems. Chop the rest into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add water chestnuts, onion, bacon and broccoli; toss to coat. Chill until serving time
Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories 70, Fat 2.2g, Carbs 7.8g, Fiber 2.5g, Protein 4.3g, Cholesterol 6 mg, Sodium 268 mg
Recipe from eatingwell.com