Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp
Yield 8 servings
- 6 cups (1/2-inch) slices rhubarb (about 2 pounds)
- 2 1/2 cups halved strawberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare filling, combine the first 6 ingredients. Spoon into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare topping, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle topping over filling. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories 300 Total Fat 9.3g Carbs 54.3g Fiber 3.5g Protein 3.1g Sodium 89 mg
Recipe from cookinglight.comet