Low-Fat Cinnamon Granola
Original Recipe Yield 8 servings (1/2 cup servings
- 2 ¾ cups oats
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup raisins (or any dried fruit)
- Mix together: oats, chopped nuts and sunflower seeds; set aside.
- Heat for 30 seconds in the microwave: honey, brown sugar, water, vanilla, cinnamon and pinch of salt. Stir and heat for additional 20-30 seconds.
- Pour honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir well. Spread on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 275 for 45 minutes. During the last 15 minutes, stir in chopped dried fruit, if desired. Allow to cool thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional Information: Amount per Serving:, (1/2 cup), Calories 230, Carbs 39.6g, Fiber 4.1g, Protein 5.7g, Total Fat: 6.6g, Sat Fat 0.9g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 81mg