Irish Chicken & Dumplings
Original Recipe Yield 6 servings
- 2 cans (10.75 oz. each) Healthy Request reduced-fat cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sliced or chopped celery
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 whole carrots, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices, then quartered
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat Bisquick baking mix
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup fat-free half-and-half or low-fat milk
- In large saucepan, add condensed soup, water, celery, salt if desired, onions, poultry seasoning, pepper, chicken breasts, potatoes, and carrots. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cover pan. Simmer over low heat about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the saucepan, shred it into bite-sized pieces (or break up into pieces in saucepan using a spatula), return to saucepan, and stir in the peas.
- Add Bisquick, buttermilk, and fat free half-and-half to medium-sized bowl and blend to make a soft dough. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into the simmering stew. Cover pan and simmer about 20 minutes. Uncover pan and simmer 10 minutes more. Serve hot!
Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories 347, Total Fat 4.5g, Carbs 51.5g, Fiber 5g, Protein 24.5
Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 465mg
Recipe from webmd