Greens with Carrots Feta Cheese and Brown Rice
Original Recipe Yield 4 servings
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 bunches dark leafy greens (kale, collard greens or Swiss chard), tough stems removed, leaves very thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (20-ounce) package Whole Grain Brown Rice, prepared according to package directions
- Put carrots, greens, onions, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper into a large, deep skillet and toss well.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, tossing once or twice, until greens are wilted and tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss with feta cheese and spoon over brown rice.
Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories 310 Total Fat 8g Carbs 50g Fiber 6g Protein 11g
Sodium 530 mg
Recipe from Wholefoods.com