Cinnamon Quinoa Bake
Original Recipe Yield 12 bars
- 2 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and place the quinoa in a large mixing bowl. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with lightly greased parchment.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, soy milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Add maple syrup (if using) and whisk.
- Add egg mixture to cooked and cooled quinoa. Stir with a large spoon to combine. Pour into the parchment-lined baking dish and spread it around to ensure that it’s even.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until set and golden.
- Using parchment, remove bake from pan as soon as possible so that it doesn’t steam.
- Cool completely and cut into squares. Serve with a dollop of nut butter.
Nutritional Information: Per Bar
Calories 170g, Total Fat 3.6g, Carbs 28.2g, Fiber 2.6g, Protein 6.7g, Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 27 g
Recipe from: www.fitsugar.com