Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa
Recipe Yield: 4 servings (1 cup)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup quinoa, any variety, thoroughly rinsed
- 2 medium apples of any variety, cored and chopped (don't you dare peel them- that's where the nutrients are!)
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Bring water and applesauce to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat, stirring to make sure that applesauce does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in quinoa and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 20 minutes, adding the apple for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Stir in the cinnamon and maple syrup prior to serving.
Nutrition Info: 236 calories, 3 g fat, 6 g protein, 43 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 8mg