Spring Spartan: The FREE Spring Training program to get you or keep you in shape for the coming summer.
Spartan: A person of great courage and self-discipline. How disciplined are you to get or stay in shape? You choose where your journey will take you!
THIS PROGRAM IS FREE AND OPEN TO EVERYONE!!!!
Our goal is to help keep you committed to running and walking through May and June. This foray is here to motivate, support and encourage spring activity and self-discipline to remain or get into shape. We are in this together and look forward to reaching new goals with you. We will be tracking your points and YOU will be tracking your mileage to earn rewards!
Program Dates: May 1st - June 26th, 2018
Kickoff is Tuesday, May 1st at 6PM at Armory
Spartan Celebration is Friday, June 29th at 6PM at Armory
This group program is completely FREE AND OPEN TO EVERYONE, but registration is required.
How to become a Spring Spartan, a person of great self-discipline......
The program consists of two key pieces. Point Collection and Honor Miles.
To collect points, check-in with FITVIL at the weekly workouts, special events and races. We will track your points and keep you updated on how you’re doing. These points will earn you discounts to use at Fleet Feet Sports. Point collection is between May 1st and June 27th.
YOU select a goal destination that your feet will take you during YOUR foray. It’s your responsibility to keep track of your total mileage using the honors system. We provide a weekly log to help. But please use your Garmin, mapmyrun, IPhone or whatever works best for you. On the FREE online registration form please indicate the total distance you would like to cover this session. And then, being active on your own, and using all our group workouts and activities, track ALL your mileage run or walked between the start and end date of the program counts towards your total! At the end of the program we’ll see how we all did in meeting our goals!
To earn the Spring Spartan Badge: 1.) collect 50 points. 2.) Meet your honor mileage goal.
Where to collect points:
- Monday Workouts, 6PM at Ridgeway – 2 pts.
- Tuesday Hill Workouts, 6PM @ The Armory – 2pts.
- Friday Workouts, 6PM @ The Armory or Ridgeway – 2 pts.
- Saturday Workouts, 8:30AM @ The Armory or Ridgeway (3, 5 or 10 mile option) (locale will trade each week) - 2 pts.
- Special Event Run/Walks (Pub Runs, Art Runs, TBD Runs.) 3pts each.
- Trail Races (Dirt Cheap, Mendon Mauler) – 7pts each.
- Featured Races/Events (Taco Mile, Tour de Cure, Relay for Life, Vale of 3 Falls) – 10 pts each.
*Special Point Events may be added at any time. See Calendar
** No workout Monday, May 28th due to Memorial Day Holiday
Incentives for collected points and mileage tracking
- 50 points earns you a 10% shopping discount at Fleet Feet (some exclusions apply)
- 75 points earns you a 15% shopping discount at Fleet Feet (some exclusions apply)
- 100 points earns you a 25% shopping discount at Fleet Feet (some exclusions apply)
* We will award a voucher once you reach the point values above.
*IF you gather 50 points and meet your predicted mileage goal you will be awarded a Spectacular Spring Samurai Patch!
As a Spring Spartan you will receive:
- Incentives for attending workouts and earning points
- Entry into weekly raffles
- Fun events and themed workouts
- A stupendous place to start and finish your workouts
- Weeks of spring training to keep you motivated and in shape for the summer
- Exclusive Spring Spartan newsletters/Facebook Page to keep you up-to-date with themed workouts and events
- Camaraderie and support for workouts during the spring!
Spring Spartan Rules:
- Once you sign up there is no opt out, you’re in! IT’S FREE!
- You must be responsible to check in via FITVIL with your scan tag to earn your points at Fleet Feet Sponsored events and runs.
- You MUST do the prescribed workout for the day – no checking in and heading off to do your own workout!
- No starting early, nor late. A group workout means workout out with a group. Love each other!
- For evening workouts we require a headlamp and reflective clothing if applicable and hydration for runs longer than 5 miles!!! Safety First!
- Follow rules of the road and proper running etiquette at all times.
- NO WHINING!
- NO selling, buying, bartering, giving, donating, stealing, bargaining, haggling, negotiating, swapping, trading (or equivalent to these words) for points.
- Read the Spring Spartan emails.
- You must support each other through this foray.
- You must have fun!
- Earn the Spring Spartan Badge!
Questions about the Spring Spartan Program? Contact Coordinator at email@example.com
May 1st, 2018