Sehgahunda is less than 4 months away.
Will you be ready?
Commitment: 15 weeks (offered spring)
Current Fitness Level: must be consistently running at least 5 days a week for the last 3 months
You've already committed to the 26.3 miles that is Sehgahunda. Now you need to put in the training to conquer the 3,000 feet of climbing, traversing over 100 gullies - and the 8 hour cut off. The good news is that you don't have to go it alone. This program will help runners prepare physically for the event, while providing educational and emotional support along the way.
Start Date: Tuesday, Feb. 9th, 2016 @ The Armory
Locations: Fleet Feet Sports @ The Armory, Fleet Feet Sports Ridgeway and various locations throughout Rochester, including Durand Eastman Park, Webster Park and Mendon Ponds Park.
Class Format: 2 weekly coached workouts
- Tuesdays @ The Armory, 6pm
- Saturdays, at different locations in Rochester, 7am (plus some select Sundays, 8am)
- Detailed training schedule
- Workoutlog online training tool
- Unlimited email access to coaches
- Weekly motivational and educational emails relevant to our training
- Fun, social atmosphere
- Weekly coached workouts
- A custom, training program specific apparel item
- Great camaraderie and friendship
- Special savings on training essentials
Requirements for participants
- Must be been consistently running at least 5 days a week for the last 3 months
- Must be able to train for a rugged marathon, including up to 4 hour training runs
- Solo Runner must have a running base of 20-25 miles per week prior to training
- Relay Runners must have a running base of 15-20 miles per week prior to training
- Must have some trail running experience
- Must not be currently injured
- Must be planning to run Sehgahunda
- Must be willing to try new and challenging training methods