Are you interested in training for the Sehgahunda Trail Marathon but don’t know how? Are you looking for a group to do those long trail runs with? Are you up for an amazing challenge? Did you participate in the Sehgahunda Trail Marathon last year, and want to do better this year? Were you part of a relay team but looking to complete the whole race on your own? Were you a dedicated observer who wants to join in? Have you just heard of the craziness that is Sehgahunda and know that it is right up your alley?
Whatever the reasoning for wanting to participate, the Sehgahunda Trail Marathon Training Program is for you! This program begins in February 2013 and is coached by Boots (David Boutillier) and Mark Monachino.
Sehgahunda is the REAL DEAL. It may just be one of the hardest trail marathons in the east. It’s 26.3 miles of single track trails, over 3000 feet of climbing, with more than 100 gullies that need to be traversed--and an 8 hour cut off. This program will help runners prepare physically for the event, while providing educational and emotional support along the way.
FREE INFORMATION SESSION DATES
Wednesday, February 6th 6PM at Fleet Feet Sports 2210 Monroe Ave. Brighton
Monday, February 11th 7PM at Fleet Feet Sports 2522 Ridgeway Ave. Greece
(online registration open)
- A daily workout plan
- Group distance trail & training runs
- Coupon Book of Savings
- Program Specific Apparel Item
- Workshops (including Event Day Nutrition, Orientation/Gear Talk, and Surviving Sehgahunda)
- Online Workout Tool to track/view workouts and communicate with coaches
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- Must be been consistently running at least 5 days a week for the last 3 months
- Must be able to train for a rugged marathon, including up to 4 hour training runs
- Must not be currently injured but must be willing to risk getting injured
- Must be planning to run Sehgahunda
- Must have experience trail running
- Must be willing to try new and challenging training methods
Please direct questions to Kate, our training coordinator via email or call 585-697-3338