FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Ellen Brenner – VP/CFO
Fleet Feet Sports Rochester
2210 Monroe Ave
Rochester, NY 14618
(585) 697 - 3338
2522 Ridgeway Ave
Rochester, NY 14626
Fleet Feet Sports adds WalkFIT to their Popular No Boundaries: Learn to Run Program
January 22, 2012: Fleet Feet Sports has been offering the No Boundaries: Learn to Run Program for 6 years. February 2012 will mark a new phase in Fleet Feet Sports’ programming division. Fleet Feet Sports will be adding a WalkFIT Program alongside the regular Learn to Run Program. WalkFIT is for those who truly are new to exercise and who just want to walk.
In 2011, Fleet Feet Sports starting offering two locations for this program and with the recent retail expansion of their second store at 2522 Ridgeway Avenue, Fleet Feet Sports will continue to offer an East and Westside location for participants. Having two locations allows participants the flexibility to attend coached group workouts more frequently and to remain committed.
The No Boundaries: Learn to Run & WalkFIT program offers a beginner and an advanced level; the beginners train for a 5K, while the advanced train for a 10K. The programs have coaches who lead workouts and support participants throughout the program. The 12 week program provides participants a workout schedule that can easily adjust to fit almost any lifestyle. The program includes group workouts and a variety of workshops to educate new runners about stretching, nutrition, and injury prevention.
No Boundaries offers 4 different program levels for varying degrees of physical fitness level:
- WalkFIT: This program is perfect for people who don't run but want to stay fit by walking. Perfect for the beginner exerciser to the advanced walker who can walk 3 miles.
- 5K: Perfect for people who don't run at all and want to, have a hard time starting or are unsure what to do. This program starts out walking and slowly builds running in each week, preparing individuals for a 5K (3.1 mile) race.
- NoBo 2.0 – Perfect for those who recently ran their first 5K and want to improve but aren’t yet ready for longer distances. This program improves speed, endurance and performance at the 5K level.
- 10K – Perfect for individuals who can run between 2 and 3 miles but have a hard time going further. This program will train you towards a 10K (6.2 miles).
There are 4 FREE Info Sessions to learn more are:
- Thursday, January 26th @7:15PM at Fleet Feet Sports, 2522 Ridgeway Ave
- Monday, January 30th @6PM at Fleet Feet Sports, 2210 Monroe Ave Brighton
- Thursday, February 2 @7:15PM at Fleet Feet Sports, 2522 Ridgeway Ave
- Monday, February 6th @6PM at Fleet Feet Sports, 2210 Monroe Ave Brighton
Fleet Feet Sports designed the No Boundaries program to help participants train successfully, but safely, all while having fun! With the addition of the WalkFIT program, it allows a more people great access towards a healthy lifestyle.
About Fleet Feet Sports - Fleet Feet Sports is a locally owned and operated specialty store carrying footwear, apparel and accessories for walkers and runners. At Fleet Feet Sports, you will find a welcoming environment where runners, walkers and fitness enthusiasts of all abilities receive unparalleled service and support. For more information, visit www.fleetfeetrochester.com.