WE’RE ABOUT FIT. IT’S WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.
Our fit philosophy is much more than a process or procedure; it’s our way of doing business. By providing a complete fit experience, our knowledgeable staff will help guide you to the right products or programs for your individual needs.
Using our innovative Personal F.I.T. Process Fleet Feet team members guide runners and walkers through an extensive fitting process that ensures a proper fit. Below is a summary of the process each team member uses to make sure you are fitted into the best shoe for you. No appointment is necessary but please allow extra time when you come in to get fitted.
Step One: Explanation of the Personal F.I.T. Process
Every process has a beginning point, fitting our customers begins with “hello” and an explanation of the Personal F.I.T. Process.
Step Two: Getting to Know You
We take time to ask questions about your current activity, such as how often you run, how far and if you have a goal in mind. We also discuss any existing or past injuries and talk about the footwear you currently use.
Step Three: Measurement
Several measurements of each foot help us determine proper sizing. We anaylize both unweighted (seated) and weighted (standing) measurements as well as different point-to-point measurements. We aren't doctors and don't pretend to be, but we will look at your feet for signs that will help us fit you properly and determine any special needs.
Step Four: Gait Analysis
We'll bring out a neutral “test” shoe and observe as you run or walk a short distance. This helps us understand how you move and the biomechanics of your gait.
Step Five: Fitting and Recommendations
Based on our findings we will bring out the shoes that may work best for you. We'll carefully inspect the fit and watch as you run or walk in each shoe. We'll discuss the options, provide you with our recommendations and answer any questions.
Step Six: The Decision
This one is all you since you are the only person who knows how the shoes actually feel.
Step Seven: Ready to Go
Now that you've made a decision, we'll talk about how to properly break in your new shoes, help with any other product needs you may have and make sure you're ready to get the best results!
Fleet Feet Sports also utilizes a similar process for bra fitting to ensure you are in the correct bra for you. No appointment necessary and our Bra Fitting Specialists can assist you anytime. We start be measuring you and we have a full array of bras from 32A through 44DD in a variety of colors and styles. We know how each bra fits, so we will be able to find the right supportive one for you. A good and proper fitting bra is the 2nd most important piece for a female and we are here to help find it for you!!
Fleet Feet Sports also offers a variety of programs and free group workouts to help you get FIT and stay FIT.
- No Boundaries: Learn to Run Program - This 12 week program is for anyone who either doesn't run and always wanted to or runs about 2 or 3 miles and wants to run more. This program is offered twice a year, once in February then again in June and trains you towards a 5K or 10K
- Half/Full Marathon Training Program - This program is for those who already run but want to run a half or full marathon. This program is offered three times a year, once in January, then again in May, then October and last 16-18 weeks.
- Triathlon Community College - This 15 week program is for those who can already swim, bike and run (maybe not well), but you can do the three disciplines. We then train you towards a Sprint Triathlon. This is truly for beginners.
- Urban FIT - this is a strength conditioning workout where we use the outdoors to build strength. It can be push ups, sit ups, wall sits etc... you name it we'll do it.
- Group Training Workouts - We offer a variety of run/walk free workouts through the store. Simply show up ready to exercise and you are good to go. All workouts start from Fleet Feet Sports and are open to anyone of any speed, including walkers.
- Tuesday's at 6PM - From October through May we run/walk hill workouts, where we do hill repeats. These are much better to do with others, so we all can have fun together. From June through September we switch it up and do speed workouts. Perfect for trying to improve your game or get some interval workouts in. This will be at Fleet Feet Sports Brighton location.
- Friday's at 6PM - Our Happy Hour Friday night run/walk has been a staple for us since the beginning. It's a perfect way to start off a guilt free weekend. We run/walk a 3 or 4 mile loop at Fleet Feet Sports Ridgeway.
- Saturday's at 8AM - Join us for our Half/Full Marathon Training Run. The distance is based on what is on the HFM schedule and can be anywhere from 5-20 miles with pace leaders to lead various pace groups. These take place at various locations in Monroe County. Check the calendar for where we will be.