What is the Brooks Fleet Feet Race Team?
The Brooks Fleet Feet Race Team is comprised of adult runners, walkers and multisport athletes. Our athletes range in ability levels but are all committed to training, racing and Fleet Feet Sports. Fleet Feet's goal is to help each team member maximize their ability with year-round training opportunities focusing on local & regional races. Team members support each other, promote our store, demonstrate good sportsmanship, and give back to the running & walking community.
Who can join?
Anyone who is actively involved in the Rochester Running & Walking Community is invited to fill out an application for the team. To be eligible, you need to have completed at least four different events (5K or longer) in 2015. Please note, we said completed thus noting we don't care your finishing time. You do not need to be fast, or run a particular distance or be a certain age. We just ask that you be dedicated to the sport, our store and the team.
- Represent the team and Fleet Feet Sports in a positive manner.
- Participate in multiple races each year, proudly sporting your Brooks Fleet Feet Team Jersey.
- As a team member, you are required to wear the race jersey, or other splatter top, at all events. Wearing team gear pre- and post-race is also encouraged and greatly appreciated.
- Do not wear your team gear during any activity that would jeopardize the integrity of the Fleet Feet Sports brand.
- During colder weather, please wear your team jersey as your outer layer. It is preferable to wear the team jersey over a black baselayer or jacket when needed.
- Clause: For exemption, you must ask permission to Ellen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for all scenarios (ie, Corporate Challenge or an event where your company pays your entry).
- Ramifications: If you are seen not wearing the team jersey or "splatter" top in a race:
- 1st Offense: Written warning from Ellen
- 2nd Offense: Immediate separation from the team. Should this scenario occur, we will inform in you in writing, remove you from the team Facebook page and any future YellowJacket Racing events that you registered using the team discount (You will need to re-register at regular price to participate in the event).
- As a team member, you are required to volunteer for a minimum of 20 total hours in 2016 with the following caveat:
- A minimum of 5 hours before the first Brooks Team Order in the Spring
- A minimum of 15 additional hours before the second Brooks Team Order in the Fall.
- Volunteer activities include: Race Day Volunteering, Packet Pickup, Auxiliary requests such as bag stuffing, Half & Full Marathon Pace Leading and No Boundaries Mentoring.
- Clause: Being a team member does not necessarily allow you to become a mentor or pace leader. In addition, No Boundaries Coaching and Race Day Pace Leading does not count as volunteering as both these activities receive either free entry into the event or stipend. Also note - you can volunteer as often as you'd like as we'd like to recognize those that volunteer A LOT!
- Ramifications: If you do not volunteer 5 hours by April 1, 2016, you will not be eligible to order from the Spring Brooks Team Order. Likewise, if you do not volunteer the additional 15 hours April 2, 2016 and Oct. 31, 2016, you will not be eligible to participate in the Fall Brooks Team Order.
- Share photos and race recaps from at least 2 events in 2016 on our Team Facebook Group Page.
- One Brooks Fleet Feet Race Team Jersey (to wear during races) is included with all NEW memberships. Additional custom apparel is available at wholesale pricing.
- 20% Off select YellowJacket Racing owned events (Excludes Sehgahunda, individual Dirt Cheap and Snow Cheap events and all team relay events).
- Twice per year (spring & fall) Brooks team order with discounted pricing on footwear, apparel and accessories from team sponsor Brooks - provided that volunteering commitments have been fulfilled.
- Entrance into VIP experiential tents at select races that offer them (Includes Winter Warrior Half Marathon, Rochester Regional Health Flower City Challenge and the MVP Health Care Rochester Marathon).
- Unannounced team-only benefits at select events. For example, team member only drop bag service, bathroom facilities, post race cooler with cold beverages and bonus sarcastic comments at the top of big hills.
- Closed Facebook Group access to share, ask questions, support each other, etc...
- Participate in group workouts, enjoy team gatherings and create a unique niche for yourself within the Rochester Running & Walking Community.
- Carpooling to events, cheering each other on and celebrating individual victories with a new group of training partners and racing friends.
- The pride and satisfaction of representing a brand you believe in.
Current memberships fees are $75 to join the 2016 Brooks Fleet Feet Sports Race Team. Members of the 2015 Brooks Fleet Feet Sports Race Team may renew their team membership for $50 by December 31, 2015.
How To Join
If you are ready to join this most amazing group of athletes, simply submit a completed application (either online below, or download here) along with a current photo of yourself. Once your application has been approved, you will receive a code to register for the team online.If you would like more information, please contact email@example.com